14. My blog site is my own piece of digital space. Not Facebook’s. Not Instagram’s. MINE.
13. No Censorship. I can say what want. Luckily, I’m an intelligent young lady that doesn’t curse. 🙂
12. Blogging gives me a place to share my thoughts and get feedback.
11. The Blogger Communities and support systems are pretty awesome!
10. Affiliates, Affiliates, Affiliates. Some of you guys are giving brands FREE publicity and don’t even realize it.
9. Blogging gives me a reason to talk to ANYONE.
8. Blogging gives me an audience which you begin to care about and be accountable to. If I showed you guys an event, I feel obliged to write a blog post and tell you all about it. If I decide to do a 30 day cleanse or challenge — guess who’s doing it with me? YOU GUYS!
7. Blogging is an inexpensive business to run. If you have access to the internet, you are halfway ready to start your own blog. Seriously, it’s legit low overhead and high margin potential. I can help you get set up by clicking here.
6. The opportunities are endless with the internet. You can access anybody. And there are international audiences you can reach as well.
5. There are so many ways to monetize a blog. Selling products, services, referrals, affiliates, YOU NAME IT!
4. Blogging gives me the freedom of planning my work schedule and location.
3. Blogging allows me to be myself ALL DAY LONG. No code switching necessary.
2. Blogging gives me instant gratification. Every time I post, another picture of my story and the brand is introduced, helping my audience better understand who I am.
1. AND MOST IMPORTANT — Blogging requires me to get real with myself, be intentional, and to set and meet goals.
There — that’s 14 plus some freebie reasons why I love to blog. Do any of you all have a goal to start a thriving blog this year? Let me know. I’ve created a Facebook Group, where we can share our brands and support each other. I remember how timid and unsure I felt for me when I was first starting out. Hopefully, I can be a bridge from your fears to your dreams through the power of online blogging and branding.
KB (Karla) is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Sociology and is currently pursuing a Masters in Business Administration from Bethel University. She is a Nashville Native and Lifestyle Blogger; a Free Spirit, and a Music Lover. Be sure to follower her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you need help starting your own blog, ask her how by emailing: email@example.com